photo-img-1

Liloan Lighthouse

This Lighthouse stands at a towering height of 72 feet in an uphill area overlooking the splendid Mactan Channel. It sits on an elevated 5,000-sq m government property, 22 km from the main road. The Tower has an active focal plane of 146 feet. The Present tower built in 1908 is white, octagonal and concrete made. The landmark was built in 1904 by virtue of an executive order issued on July 28, 1903 by William Howard Taft, who came to the country in 1900 as president of the Philippine Commission and later appointed US governor general. This light point was originally established in 1857. The Light point flashes white light source at every 5 seconds. For the past 101 years, this white octagonal tower has provided guiding light to mariners, navigators and fishermen from coastal towns in northern Cebu.
The lighthouse has been a favorite subject of many painters and photographers for its magnificent architectural design. Named after its home — Bagacay subvillage, Catarman village in Liloan which is known for its brown sandy beach, pottery and delicious delicacies.
The present use for this light point is for Navigational aid and is managed by the Philippine Coast Guard.
This tower is approximately located 11 miles North East of Cebu City in the Town of Liloan, Cebu, Philippines.

Source: Liloan Lighthouse

VN:F [1.8.4_1055]
Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)
VN:F [1.8.4_1055]
Rating: -1 (from 1 vote)
Comments (0)
Leave a Comment

Threaded commenting powered by Spectacu.la code.