photo-img-1

Heritage of Cebu Monument

Commissioned by the Archdiocese of Cebu, the Heritage of Cebu monument is a tableau built by renowned artist Eduardo Castrillo featuring some of Cebu’s important heritage sites and events. The monument, which was then turned over to the city government, was in turn recently turned over to the officials of Barangay Parian. It was reported that P3-million would be needed to clean it up and restore it.

The monument is located at the Parian district specifically at the former plaza across the Parian Fire Station. This fire station, built in the 1950s, stands at the very site where the St. John the Baptist church, which was demolished during the Spanish colonial period, once stood.

Within the vicinity of the monument is the Yap-Sandiego House and the Jesuit House of 1730. A few walks away from it too is the Casa Gorordo.

Source: Heritage of Cebu Monument

VN:F [1.8.4_1055]
Rating: 1.0/5 (1 vote cast)
VN:F [1.8.4_1055]
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
Heritage of Cebu Monument1.051 Comments (0)
Leave a Comment

Threaded commenting powered by Spectacu.la code.